Saturday, May 17, 2008

Wedding cake with hummingbirds


This was so much fun to make! first the cake, a yellow cake to which I've added orange zest and juice, in between the layers there's a chocolate ganache and blackberry filling. My frosting is the Italian Meringue buttercream which I love and taste great, it's the recipe from Dede Wilson, her cakes are so wonderful, I have several of her books.
For this wedding cake I wanted to make something unique by using my sculpting skills.
Putting it all together was my reward for all the time spent on preparation, but that's the fun part, it's when it comes together!!!

I took the bottom layer to my friend's baby shower and added a little egg in the flower nest.
the cake was a big hit at the party, where the guest raved about the cake and devoured it, that's what it's all about don't you think? it's not just for looking, an edible art must fill all your senses!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow!

Kristina