Saturday, November 3, 2007

The Troll Doll Cake



As soon as I saw her, I knew she was the one I will make the star of my next cake. Since I'm a big science fiction fan vintage style, low budget, B-movies, I was looking for some inspiration and she was it! No Barbie could play this part... So I baked several layers of cake and mixed some buttercream frosting and set to work.

This cake is part of an exercise to practice piping, the prep time took practically all day 7-8 hours and the decoration the following day, a couple of hours, in all about 10 hours. Because the doll inspired me so, it was a joy to assemble, just like when I work on one of my sculpture. I love to work with the design aspect and brainstorming the colors, when it all comes together it's magic!
I'm very pleased with this cake, I'm thinking about getting the whole line of these troll dolls to play with...



4 comments:

Julie said...

Wow! That's great piping work! And definitely way cuter than the troll dolls I remember from my childhood! Bravo for such a well put-together cake!

Angel said...

Wow that looks more like a fun sculpture then a cake. Amazing!! Julie is right though thats not nearly as scary as the troll dolls of my childhood. This one is cute. I especially love her hair.

Kamala said...

Holy Moley, no way!!!

Gail Lizette said...

beautiful cake... and YUMMY too! Thanks for sharing :)